Pages

Thursday 23 July 2015

UP, UP AND AWAY!

Good Morning to you,


'I've looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down
and still somehow
It's cloud illusions I recall
I really don't know clouds at all.'


Joni Mitchell


I do so love travelling and visiting new places.

I also love the sense of adventure that travelling gives me.

..... and before I begin travelling, I even love the mundane things which I need to do, such as taking the suitcases out of the loft and dusting them off.

I love packing my clothes, probably a few too many times. Putting this in and taking that out, three or four times, possibly even more, before I decide I have the right combination of clothes.

I love deciding which outfit to wear when travelling, but it always has to be casual and it most certainly has to be comfy

..... and when the time arrives,

I love the tingly feeling I get when I arrive at the airport.

I love the hustle and the bustle of the airport

and I love, love, love seeing all the adults and children, so excited about their own family holiday. 

I love checking the departure board, to see the different countries people are  travelling to,

and I am always thrilled to find that our flight has not been delayed but is on time.

Once we have boarded the flight.

I love settling myself in to my seat and unwrapping my blanket, sorting out my book and my Ipod and looking to see which films are being screened during the flight.

..... and then I wait.

What am I waiting for?

I wait patiently until the flight takes off and as we climb higher,


I see the most beautiful sights below,


and then I see the first glimpse of clouds.  

Just a few fluffy clouds pass by at first,

and then,


as the plane climbs higher,  
a
 few more clouds appear,


until we rise above the clouds and
 we see
the most beautiful blue sky.



Whilst below us,
 clouds are swirling and others 


seem to be floating like big puffy meringues.



Once we fly above the clouds
I am very excited,
as I know I am on my way




to see Natasha and her husband
 and then
 to visit the most beautiful sight I will ever see in my lifetime.


The Taj Mahal in Agra, India.

Take care and I will see you next Thursday
when I will tell you more about my visit to India.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friends,

It is so wonderful to know you enjoy reading Ivy, Phyllis and Me! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a comment. I really do appreciate it.

Best wishes to you.

Daphne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...